P.G.D.M. stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies. It is a diploma course of one to two years and is granted by a self-governing institution. PGDM is based on industry-specific needs.
The Post Graduate diploma is considered equivalent to regular MBA programmes.
Furthermore, it is designed not only to divulge the knowledge of core subjects such as Economics, Finance, Accounting and Marketing but also focus on developing skills and proficiency through exposure to real business situations in the form of case studies.
Objectives of PGDM
- To enable working professionals progress in their organizations.
- To promote the change of career to managerial and business arena.
- The programme is designed to develop conceptual knowledge and behavioral skills in students who continue to work in the industry, government as well as other organizations.
PGDM courses are for:
- Working graduates
- Professionals such as Engineers/CA/CFA/ICWA/ Technologists.
- Fresh Graduates who wish to combine their study with work.
Features of PGDM
- Focused, short-term, relevant, sectoral programs aimed at giving distinct career advantage.
- Contemporary course curriculum recognized by Industry.
- Teaching based on case studies to build and strengthen decision-making and analytical skills.
- Human Resource Management,
- Marketing Management,
- Financial Management,
- Operations Management,
- Information System,
- International Business