Infrastructure and Real estate management
MBA | PGDM in Infrastructure and Real estate
Infrastructure and Real estate management – this Master of Business Administration (MBA) specialization consistently has a two-year curriculum explicitly designed to train students in the theory and technique involved in regulatory processes, competition policy, and infrastructure service delivery, and cover typical business administration subjects like strategy, marketing, and finance, focusing on the needs of the infrastructure sector.
It is for fresh graduates and professionals in the midst of their career.
- First of all, for fresh graduates, the eligibility to this program is a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50 percent marks or equivalent.
- Also, process is to shortlist the candidates based on Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT), Common Admission Test (CAT) or Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- Furthermore, group discussions and interviews may be applicable as per institution for the selected students.
- Hence, for graduates who have work experience in government, industry, research, regulatory bodies or academic institutions, or consultancy, a minimum work experience of two years is usually required.
There is a scope for Infrastructure and Real Estate Management graduates in the following fields,
- Facilities Management
- Construction and Project Management
- Real Estate Investment Business
- Real Estate Finance
- Infrastructure Finance
The MBA Infrastructure program is usually divided into four semesters.
- The first semester – financial accounting and computer applications, business management, managerial economics and industry-specific subjects like urban infrastructure and real estate, and urban planning and urbanization process.
- The second semester – financial management, real estate marketing and research, research methodology and business law as core subjects. Real estate economics, project management and business development of real estate are industry-specific subjects which might be taught in this semester.
- In the third semester– strategic management and quantitative techniques as core subjects, and legal framework of urban infrastructure and real estate, real estate valuation, funding and investment options, and land procurement and acquisition as industry-focused subjects.
- The last semester – construction, contract and safety management, sustainability in built environment, facilities management in large complexes, real estate project implementation and monitoring, and affordable housing. Management in action, social, economic or ethical issues can be part of the core subjects in the syllabus for the final semester. Most universities contend on a project and/or summer internships between the two years of study.
Learning Period of Infrastructure and Real estate Management in India
- 2 Year Full Time Regular MBA
- 2 Year Regular Full Time PGDM ( AICTE Approved )
- 1 year Full time Diploma in Infrastructure and Real estate in Management .
- Executive / Part Time / Distance Learning MBA in Infrastructure and Real estate.
- 6 Month Certification in Infrastructure and Real estate Management .
- Infrastructure and Real estate Management Workshops – 3 Months .